- 3 strips bacon
- 1/2 small small, onion, diced
- 1 package (9 oz) frozen chopped spinach thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg pinch salt
- 1 container (15 oz) whole milk ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (8 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 oz) grated parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs, beaten slightly
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray
2. Cook bacon in large skillet over medium-high until crisp. Drain, cool and crumble
3. In same skillet, cook and stir onion in remaining bacon fat 5 minutes or until tender. Add spinach, pepper, nutmeg, and salt, Cook and stir over medium heat about 3 minutes or until liquid evaporates. Return bacon to skillet and remove from heat.
4. Combine ricotta, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese in large bowl; mix in eggs. Add cooled spinach mixture and combine well.
5. Divide mixture evenly to fill 10 muffin cups. Bake 40 minutes or until filling is set. Let stand 10 minutes. Run thin knife around edges to release, Serve hot or refrigerate and serve cold